United States District Court, Southern District of New York
May 22, 2003
IN RE: WORLDCOM, INC. SECURITIES LITIGATION THIS DOCUMENT RELATES TO: ALL ACTIONS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Denise Cote, United States District Judge.
Having addressed scheduling issues at a conference on May 21, 2003, it is hereby
ORDERED as follows:
1. The parties are instructed to contact the chambers of Magistrate Judge Dolinger prior to May 23, 2003 in order to schedule further settlement discussions under his supervision.
2. Plaintiffs' motion for class certification is to be served by June 4, any opposition to the motion is to be served by July 25, and any reply is to be served by August 8, 2003.
3. Defendants' discovery demands of the named plaintiffs in the Securities Litigation regarding class certification issues shall be served by May 23, 2003. Responses are due on a rolling basis. Production is to be completed by June 20, 2003.
4. Initial disclosures in the Securities Litigation pursuant to Rule 26(a)(1), Fed.R.Civ.P., shall be served by June 9, 2003.
5. Initial disclosures pursuant to Rule 26(a)(1), Fed.R.Civ. P., by plaintiffs in any Individual Action shall be served by the later of September 4, 2003 or thirty days after the Individual Action appears on this Court's docket.
6. Plaintiffs' document requests pursuant to Rule 34, Fed. R. Civ. P., shall be served by June 9, 2003.
7. Plaintiffs' interrogatories pursuant to Rule 33, Fed.R.Civ. P., shall be served by June 20, 2003.
8. Defendants' production of documents shall begin forty-five (45) days from the date of service of the Document Requests, shall proceed on a rolling basis, and shall be substantially completed by October 10, 2003.
9. A conference to address the discovery schedule will be held on September 12, 2003 at 2:00 p.m. at the United States Courthouse, 500 Pearl Street, New York, New York, in Courtroom 11B.
© 1992-2003 VersusLaw Inc.