United States District Court, S.D. New York
June 14, 2004.
IN RE WORLDCOM, INC. SECURITIES LITIGATION. This Document Relates to: ALL ACTIONS. IN RE WORLDCOM, INC. ERISA LITIGATION. This Document Relates to: All Actions.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: DENISE COTE, District Judge
In a June 9, 2004 letter, counsel for the ERISA plaintiffs
stated that they had reached an agreement in principle to settle
their claims in the ERISA Litigation against all defendants
except for Scott Sullivan and Merrill Lynch Trust Company. The
ERISA plaintiffs requested an extension by two weeks of the
discovery deadlines in the ERISA Litigation set forth in the
May 12, 2004 Order. During a June 9 telephone conference, there
was no objection to this request by any party in the ERISA
Litigation or in the Securities Litigation. It is hereby
ORDERED that the Court's May 12 Scheduling Order is modified
only with respect to the ERISA Litigation and only to the
extent as follows:
1. Fact discovery ends July 23
2. Identification of experts July 30
3. Disclosure of expert reports by parties bearing the burden of proof September 3
4. Rebuttal expert reports October 1
5. Any revised expert reports October 15
6. Depositions of experts October 25-November 5
7. Motions for summary judgment September 3
8. Oppositions to summary judgment October 1
9. Summary judgment replies October 15
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that to the extent that there are shared
discovery issues in the ERISA Litigation and the Securities
Litigation, the ERISA Litigation shall be governed by the
discovery schedule in the Securities Litigation.
© 1992-2004 VersusLaw Inc.