United States District Court, S.D. New York
January 9, 2005.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Respondent,
JOHN CONTEH, Defendant.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: LEWIS KAPLAN, District Judge
Please Take Notice that, John Conteh, the defendant in the
above captioned case will move this court for an order:
Releasing Bond Money to Defendant into his inmate
account at the Plymouth County Jail in Massachusetts
where he is currently being detained by the INS After
Serving his time on July 24, 2001.
Defendant states the following in support:
1. That a prior motion dated 19 November, 2004 was
mailed to this court asking for release of Bond Money
into Inmate Account.
2. That the court denied the motion without prejudice
to renewal on a proper showing of the basis for the
Application ***MISSING TEXT*** 3. That Defendant was arrested on March 3rd, 1998
4. That defendant was ordered to Post Bond in the
amount of $30,000.
5. That on 03/05/98 on the docket, Bond was secured
6. That after Defendant self surrendered on September
11, 2000. To the U.S. Marshalls, this bond money was
not taken from the court by Defendant on this date.
7. That Defendant has sent a letter to the Cashier of
the court to inquire on the status of this money
$500.00, but no feedback.
8. That defendant needs money at his current place of
detention to supplement his food and other daily use
Wherefore, defendant respectfully prays that, this court
ordered the release of this $500 dollars, into defendants inmate
account at Plymouth County Jail or ordered that someone picked
the money from the court.
© 1992-2005 VersusLaw Inc.