United States District Court, S.D. New York
May 11, 2005.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA RESPONDENT
JOHN CONTEH DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: LEWIS KAPLAN, District Judge
Please take notice that, John Conteh, the defendant in the
above captioned case will move this court for an order:
Releasing Bond money to defendant into his inmate
account at the plymouth County Jail in Massachusetts
where he is currently being detained by the INS after
serving his time on July 24th, 2001.
Defendant states the following in Support:
1. That a prior motion dated 9th January, 2005,
was mailed to this court asking for relief in the
form of release Bond money into inmate account at
Plymouth jail. 2. That the court denied the motion without prejudice
to renewal on proof of service on the government,
order dates Jan. 13, 2005.
3. That defendant was arrested on March 3rd,
4. That defendant was ordered to post bond in the
amount of $30,000.
5. That on 03/25/98 on the Docket, Bond was secured
6. That after defendant self surrender on September
11, 2000, to the U.S. Marshalls, the Bond money was
not taken from the court by defendant on this date.
7. That defendant has sent a letter to the Cashier of
the court to inquire on the status of this money
$500.00, but no feed-back.
8. That defendant needs money at his current place of
detention to supplement his food and other daily use
items. Wherefore, defendant respectfully prays that, this court
ordered the release of this $500 Dollars, into defendants inmate
account at Plymouth county jail or ordered that someone picked
the money from the court.
© 1992-2005 VersusLaw Inc.