UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN District of NEW YORK
August 17, 2006
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Barbara S. Jones, U.S.D.J.
USM Number: 58762-054
JUDGMENT IN A CRIMINAL CASE
_X_ pleaded guilty to count(s) One (1)
___ pleaded nolo contendere to counts) which was accepted by the court.
___ was found guilty on count(s) after a plea of not guilty.
The defendant is adjudicated guilty of these offenses:
Title & SectionNature of OffenseOffense EndedCount
18 USC § 922 (g)(1)Felon in Possession of a FirearmFeb. 21, 20061
The defendant is sentenced as provided in pages 2 through 6 of this judgment. The sentence is imposed pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984.
___ The defendant has been found not guilty on count(s)
___ Count(s) _________ __ is ______________ __ are dismissed on the motion of the United States
It is ordered that the defendant must notify the United States attorney for this district within 30 days of any change of name, residence, or mailing address until all fines, restitution, costs, and special assessments imposed by this judgment are fully paid. If ordered to pay restitution, the defendant must notify the court and United States attorney of material changes in economic circumstances.
The defendant is hereby committed to the custody of the United States Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for a total term of:
Twenty one (21) months.
_X_ The court makes the following recommendations to the Bureau of Prisons:
It is recommended that the defendant be designated to a facility as close to the New York City metropolitan area as possible.
___ The defendant is remanded to the custody of the United States Marshal.
___ The defendant shall surrender to the United States Marshal for this district:
___ at _________ __ a.m. __ p.m. on ___________
___ as notified by the United States Marshal.
___ The defendant shall surrender for service of sentence at the institution designated by the Bureau of Prisons:
___ before 2 p.m. on ___________
___ as notified by the United States Marshal.
___ as notified by the Probation or Pretrial Services Office.
I have executed this judgment as follows:
Defendant delivered on __________ to ___________ a _______________, with a certified copy of this judgment.
Upon release from imprisonment, the defendant shall be on supervised release for a term of
Three (3) years.
The defendant must report to the probation office in the district to which the defendant is released within 72 hours of release from the custody of the Bureau of Prisons.
The defendant shall not commit another federal, state or local crime.
The defendant shall not unlawfully possess a controlled substance. The defendant shall refrain from any unlawful use of a controlled substance. The defendant shall submit to one drug test within 15 days of release from imprisonment and at least two periodic drug tests thereafter, as determined by the court.
___ The above drug testing condition is suspended, based on the court's determination that the defendant poses a low risk of future substance abuse. (Check, if applicable.)
_X_ The defendant shall not possess a firearm, ammunition, destructive device, or any other dangerous weapon. _X_ The defendant shall cooperate in the collection of DNA as directed by the probation officer. (Check, if
_ X_ The defendant shall register with the state sex offender registration agency in the state where the defendant resides, works, or is a student, as directed by the probation officer. (Check, if applicable.)__
The defendant shall participate in an approved program for domestic violence. (Check, if applicable.)
If this judgment imposes a fine or restitution, it is a condition of supervised release that the defendant pay in accordance with the Schedule of Payments sheet of this judgment.
The defendant must comply with the standard conditions that have been adopted by this court as well as with any additional conditions on the attached page.
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF SUPERVISION
1) the defendant shall not leave the judicial district without the permission of the court or probation officer;
2) the defendant shall report to the probation officer and shall submit a truthful and complete written report within the first five days of each month;
3) the defendant shall answer truthfully all inquiries by the probation officer and follow the instructions of the probation officer;
4) the defendant shall support his or her dependents and meet other family responsibilities;
5) the defendant shall work regularly at a lawful occupation, unless excused by the probation officer for schooling, training, or other acceptable reasons;
6) the defendant shall notify the probation officer at least ten days prior to any change in residence or employment;
7) the defendant shall refrain from excessive use of alcohol and shall not purchase, possess, use, distribute, or administer any controlled substance or any paraphernalia related to any controlled substances, except as prescribed by a physician;
8) the defendant shall not frequent places where controlled substances are illegally sold, used, distributed, or administered;
9) the defendant shall not associate with any persons engaged in criminal activity and shall not associate with any person convicted of a felony, unless granted permission to do so by the probation officer;
10) the defendant shall permit a probation officer to visit him or her at any time at home or elsewhere and shall permit confiscation of any contraband observed in plain view of the probation officer;
11) the defendant shall notify the probation officer within seventy-two hours of being arrested or questioned by a law enforcement officer;
12) the defendant shall not enter into any agreement to act as an informer or a special agent of a law enforcement agency without the permission of the court; and
13) as directed by the probation officer, the defendant shall notify third parties of risks that may be occasioned by the defendant's criminal record or personal history or characteristics and shall permit the probation officer to make such notifications and to confirm the defendant's compliance with such notification requirement.
ADDITIONAL SUPERVISED RELEASE TERMS
The defendant will participate in a program approved by the United States Probation Office, which program may include testing to determine whether the defendant has reverted to using drugs or alcohol. The Court authorizes the release of available drug treatment evaluations and reports to the substance abuse treatment provider, as approved by the Probation Officer. The defendant will be required to contribute to the costs of services rendered (co-payment), in an amount determined by the probation officer, based on ability to pay or availability of the third-party payment.
The defendant is to report to the nearest Probation Office within 72 hours of release from custody. It is recommended that the defendant be supervised by the district of residence.
CRIMINAL MONETARY PENALTIES
The defendant must pay the total criminal monetary penalties under the schedule of payments on Sheet 6.
___ The determination of restitution is deferred until . An Amended Judgment in a Criminal Case (AO 245C) will be after such determination.
___ The defendant must make restitution (including community restitution) to the following payees in the amount listed below.
If the defendant makes a partial payment, each payee shall receive an approximately proportioned payment, unless specified otherwise in the priority order or percentage payment column below. However, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3664(i), all nonfederal victims must be paid before the United States is paid.
___ Restitution amount ordered pursuant to plea agreement $
___ The defendant must pay interest on restitution and a fine of more than $2,500, unless the restitution or fine is paid in full before the fifteenth day after the date of the judgment, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(f). All of the payment options on Sheet 6 may be subject to penalties for delinquency and default, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(g).
___ The court determined that the defendant does not have the ability to pay interest and it is ordered that:
___ the interest requirement is waived for the __ fine __ restitution.
___ the interest requirement for the __ fine __ restitution is modified as follows:
* Findings for the total amount of losses are required under Chapters 109A, 110, 110A, and 113A of Title 18 for offenses committed on or after September 13, 1994, but before April 23, 1996.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
Having assessed the defendant's ability to pay, payment of the total criminal monetary penalties are due as follows: A X Lump sum payment of $100 due immediately, balance due
__ not later than , or
__ in accordance ___________ __ C, __ D, __ E, or __ F below; or
* ___ Payment to begin immediately (may be combined with __ C, __ D, or
__ F below); or
__ Payment in equal (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) installments of $________over a period of (e.g., months or years), to commence (e.g., 30 or 60 days) after the date of this judgment; or__
* Payment in equal _______ (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) installments of $________________________________________ over a period of (e.g., months or years), to commence (e.g., 30 or 60 days) after release from imprisonment to a term of supervision; or
* ___ Payment during the term of supervised release will commence within (e.g., 30 or 60 days) after release from imprisonment. The court will set the payment plan based on an assessment of the defendant's ability to pay at that time; or
F ___ Special instructions regarding the payment of criminal monetary penalties:
Unless the court has expressly ordered otherwise, if this judgment imposes imprisonment, payment of criminal monetary penalties is due during imprisonment. All criminal monetary penalties, except those payments made through the Federal Bureau of Prisons' Inmate Financial Responsibility Program, are made to the clerk of the court.
The defendant shall receive credit for all payments previously made toward any criminal monetary penalties imposed.
___ Joint and Several
Defendant and Co-Defendant Names and Case Numbers (including defendant number), Total Amount, Joint and Several Amount, and corresponding payee, if appropriate.
___ The defendant shall pay the cost of prosecution.
___ The defendant shall pay the following court cost(s):
___ The defendant shall forfeit the defendant's interest in the following property to the United States:
Payments shall be applied in the following order: (1) assessment, (2) restitution principal, (3) restitution interest, (4) fine principal, (5) fine interest, (6) community restitution, (7) penalties, and (8) costs, including cost of prosecution and court costs.
© 1992-2008 VersusLaw Inc.