UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK
April 16, 2008
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
RAYMOND GARRETT, ALSO KNOWN AS SUNNYSHINE, ALSO KNOWN AS SLIM MYLANSKI, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: David N. Hurd United States District Judge
The defendant has moved to withdraw his guilty plea, specific performance of the Cooperation and Plea Agreement, an evidentiary hearing, and substitution of assigned counsel. The issues raised in the motion require an evidentiary hearing.
Therefore, it is ORDERED that
1. Attorney J. Scott Porter is relieved as assigned counsel for defendant;
2. Attorney Edward Z. Menkin, 109 South Warren Street, Syracuse, NY 13202, is hereby appointed as assigned counsel to represent defendant Raymond Garrett in all future proceedings;
3. Attorney Porter shall, within ten (10) days provide Attorney Menkin with defendant's file;
4. The evidentiary hearing will be held on Tuesday, August 5, 2008, at 10:00 a.m. in Utica, New York; and
5. Exhibit and witness lists and memorandums of law shall be filed and served on or before July 22, 2008.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2008 VersusLaw Inc.